Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- The Manager, Retail Operations ensures compliance with all Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program rules and regulations governing the Act, and directly supervises the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education in the absence of the General Manager and as directed.
- Provides management and leadership in the Dispensing Facility to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
- Manages patient-specific logs as required, the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory, and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, and maintaining accurate records using BioTrackTHC, the Dispensing Facility’s inventory tracking software program.
- As the responsible party at the Dispensing Facility, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies and patient-staff conflicts.
- The Manager, Retail Operations is responsible for the development of the Dispensing Facility’s privacy policies and procedures, the security and confidentiality of all patient information, and overall compliance with HIPAA.
- This position acts as a liaison internally between all staff, the dispensary management team, and the General Manager, and externally between the Dispensing Facility and law enforcement, the Commissioner of Health, and the local community.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the plan, consistent with established safety procedures.
- Establishes methods to follow the operating plan in compliance with the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program, maintaining records required by public health law and ensures quality assurance plans, including but not limited to plans to detect, identify and prevent dispensing errors related to product packaging and labeling.
- Manages and implements policies and procedures for any retesting of returned approved medical marijuana products, storage and disposal and meeting reporting requirements for adverse events, and product recall.
- This position is responsible for assisting with implementing and maintaining security systems for tracking, record-keeping, record retention, and surveillance related to all product at every stage of storage, delivery, transporting, and distribution.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, and high performance.
- Implements HR policies and programs in support of company initiatives. Directs all compliance efforts for the company to minimize risk.
- Ensures job descriptions for all positions are accurate and current.
- Conducts investigations, responds to unemployment claims, EEOC, DOL, and/or employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civic rights complaints. Settles grievances in coordination with Senior Counsel.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Creates organizational development and employee training programs.
- Conducts performance reviews with department managers and monitors employee productivity, attitudes, and performance results.
- Implements HR related software systems in collaboration with IT Partners
- Recruits and retains top quality staff for each department and conducts interviews. Manages talent acquisition and workforce management plan.
- Builds a quality assurance program that is tied to the performance review process.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefit programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Manages leave administration practices.
- Maintains excellent facilities conducive to enhancing employee productivity.
- Provides company-wide communication and manages change.
- Ensures employee safety, wellness, health and welfare.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience at a management administrative level with an emphasis on employee relations and talent management.
- 3 years of experience managing a retail operation.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities, both operations and analysis.
- Must be passionate about handling all aspects of a retail operation to include staffing schedules, compliance, inventory control, purchasing and theft prevention, and product diversion.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills in a high growth environment are preferred.
- Operations management experience to include production oversight and accountability.
- Excellent and effective consulting skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching, and training.
- Strong leadership, project management, and time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
- Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, and counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with confident leadership.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Travel %: 0
FLSA status: Exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, use hands to perform manual tasks, and lift or move up to 10 pounds (or more with assistance). Must be able to speak and communicate verbally with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Columbia Care:
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of medical and adult use cannabis products and related services with licenses in 18 US jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently operates 99 facilities including 76 dispensaries and 23 cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the United States, and continues to deliver an industry-leading, patient-centered medicinal cannabis operation that has quickly expanded into the adult use market as a premier operator. The company currently offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Amber and Platinum Label CBD. With more than four million sales transactions since its inception in 2012, Columbia Care is known for setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly expanding cannabis industry.
As a condition of employment, all Columbia Care employees are required to submit to a background check. Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, are based on an employee’s background report at the time of hire. Employees have a duty to report any changes in their background to the Market Director or Vice President, Operations as soon as the employee is aware of the event.