Cova has been the fastest-growing software solutions company in the history of the legal cannabis industry and is now the #1 POS in North America. Since launching commercially less than 5 years ago, we have surpassed over 50 other companies as the industry preference. Through constant product innovation, execution of a clear growth strategy and high integrity in everything we do, Cova delivers a premium service to its clients.
We design and build products on an open API architecture platform that elevates the dispensary retail experience. Our point-of-sale solution (POS) is purpose-built for cannabis retail and is based on years of experience in high growth/high complexity industries.
The legal marijuana market is on a fast growth trajectory with more new states legalizing every year. Currently 39 states and DC have legalized medical cannabis, recreational cannabis, or both.
Cova operates as a young company which spun out of a solid, well-established 20+-year-old software company called iQmetrix. Collectively, our software can be found in over 20,000 stores across North America in several verticals, and we support retailers with one location and others who have thousands. Cova has invested heavily to have the industry-leading platform for enterprises and is technologically ahead of where the industry is heading.
Let’s shape the next generation of cannabis retailers together and own it.
Reports to: Sales Manager – Denver
Job Summary: The Business Development Representative (BDR) role will field inbound sales inquiries driven by our award-winning lead generation program and will make cold and warm outbound calls to potential customers to engage new and existing markets, qualify leads, share information about the product & company, and screen prospects. This role would be ideal for someone that is starting off their career in sales or has been in a lead generation or inside sales role. This job will coordinate with the territory sales executives across North America to set appointments as well. The incumbent will be following up on the 1,000’s of contacts we have made within the cannabis retailers over the years to advance the technology running their dispensaries. This role will track all calls and interactions while representing Cova in a highly professional manner.
- Field inbound queries for Cova and qualify prospects
- Provide information, assistance in the sales process and set the wheels in motion for sales conversions
- Recontact the Cova database of prospects for advancement of potential opportunities
- Cold calling: conduct multiple outbound calls to potential customers into new markets (Cova is constantly expanding to new states and territories).
- Execute nurture campaigns to engage prospects over time that may be slow to close
- Identify opportunities of larger scale and transition to Territory or Strategic account teams
- Share information about company/product/organization as an ambassador for Cova
- Meet activity goals for cold calls, client communication and appointment setting which facilitate future sales
- Maintain a record of calls through Salesforce CRM, while updating all client engagement activities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Comfortable in making high volume inbound and outbound calls daily
- Superior verbal communication skills: the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Solid computer skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Aptitude for the principles of Software, adept at how business systems (CRM, Retail, Inventory Mgmt., etc.) work.
- Retail or high-volume experience is beneficial
- Competitive winning spirit and possesses a desire to advance within a company
- Possesses an energetic, professional, and friendly demeanor
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Previous cold calling experience in outbound call center or related sales experience preferred
- May require minimal work on weekends to acknowledge incoming leads
- Some travel may be required (
5%). * Able to pass a criminal background check
What Really Matters:
A lot can be learned or trained, but there are a few things that can’t.
- Strongly self-motivated with a drive to succeed
- Caring about our clients and their customers
- Being able to collaborate with others to ensure that we all succeed together
- Contributor to a very highly talented team that has a lot of experience busting open new markets
Role Location and additional details:
- Full-time, Cova training program is provided, Excellent work environment with the flexibility of in-office and work at home
- Location: Denver, CO (I-25 & Colorado Blvd)
Salary: Starting OTE at $62000 – 72000
Want to Join the Team?
If you’re interested in a career with Cova, please submit your resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, faith, color, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.